Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Boxy Charm July 2014

When I first learned about beauty subscription boxes, I was interested, but wasn't quite sure which would be for me. So, I searched around on YouTube to watch "open box" videos. That really helped me to see what you get for your money and whether or not the products in the boxes match up with me. Recently I discovered Boxy Charm after watching a video by LoriOver40 on YouTube.  Boxy Charm is $21 per month and includes 5 full-sized products.  I loved my first box in June, which I reviewed in the video linked below.

Now, I have received my second box--the July box, so here is what I got:
For an up-close look at these products and a review of the June box, check you the YouTube video below:




There's a bottle of SPF 30 moisturizer by Pur-lisse, a bottle of dark red nail polish by Lauren B, a lipstick by Appeal Cosmetics, a lip liner and shimmer powder by BellePierre.

If you check out the video below, you'll see more detail about each of the things in my box.  I'm a little skeptical about the shimmery eyeshadow, since shimmery stuff tends to make my 50-year-old crepey eyelids look even crepier.  (Are those even words???)  The lipstick looks a little bright, too, but I'll give them both a try and let you know what I think next month.

I've been so pleased with Boxy Charm and each full-sized product (so far) has been high-quality and way more than worth the $21 price.  In fact, my June box retailed for $93!  What a deal!

I'll be back next month with a review of the products in the July box and a peek at the items in the August box.  If you're interested in subscribing to Boxy Charm, click the link below:

https://www.boxycharm.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/7239/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS