Sunday, October 4, 2015

Celebrating Fall

I love to welcome in a new season and while I hate to see summer go, I do enjoy the fall colors and that crisp feeling in the air.  I like to start on the official first day of fall and add some decorative touches to my home as well as using some fall-scented bath products.

On my front porch, I hang a fall wreath, rip out the flowers in my flower boxes and replace them with colorful fall flowers (from Michael's) as well as a fall garland.






Then I change out our dishes from brightly colored, Mexican-patterned dishes to these.  Nice and warm and I love the poppies on them.



Next, I create a little display on the kitchen island and another on the kitchen counter, along with some fall-colored kitchen towels and place mats for the table.













Then I head upstairs to the bathroom where I replace my summer-scented bath fizzies with ones that smell more like fall.  I get out my fall Fortune Cookie Soap box and start using these great products.  And finally, I change out my shower scrub to one that has a warm scent.  This year I'm using an Ulta brand scrub called Amber Sparkle.

What do you like to do to welcome the fall season?

For more detail, check out the video below.



I link up at the following:
My Flagstaff Home, Inspire Me Monday, Huckleberry Love, Mix it Up Monday, Creative Monday, Inspiration Monday, AmazeMe Monday, Something to Talk About, Art of Homemaking, What’d You Do ThisWeekend?, Make it Pretty Monday, You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday, Tuesdays with aTwist, Tuesday Garden Party, Linda's Lunacy, Tuesdays at Our Home, Hope Studios, Let’s BeFriends, Tickle My Tastebuds, Wakeup Wednesday, Simple Link Party, Moonlightand Mason Jars, Creativity Unleashed, Creative Inspirations, Our Simple Homestead, Homemaking Weekend Link Party, Creative Princess, Homeand Garden Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Grace at Home, Idea Box, Creative Exchange, From the Farm, Farmgirl Friday, Simple & Sweet Friday, FriendshipFriday, Weekend Blog Hop, Friday’s Five Features, What to DoWeekend, Friday Features, Link Your Stuff, Paula’s No Rules Weekend, Weekend(No Rules) Blog Hop, Bouquet of Talent, Follow Who?, Saturday Sparks, PinkSaturday, Silver Pennies, DIY Showoff, SundayFeatures, Chain Linky Climb, Great Blog Train, Themed Blog & Shop Hop,  Share Your Creativity, Wordless Wednesday, #WhimsyWednesdays, Dream, Create, Inspire, Link, A Spirit of SimplicityIvy and Elephants, Pin Worthy Wednesday, Homemade Link Party, Snickerdoodle Sunday, Monday Makeup Madness, #Whimsy Wednesday, Feature Fridays, Must Love Home



14 comments:

  1. I LOVE all these beautiful pictures and ideas of how you are celebrating fall. They are all so festive and bring the amazing colors of outdoors inside. Visiting from Weekend Blog Hop. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Carrie! I do love a change of season and fall brings such beautiful colors!

      Jennifer

      Delete
  2. Very pretty wreath and your other fall decor looks great. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday. Pinned and Tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so nice! I love your red door and pretty wreath.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, you really go to town! I wish I had the space to store things for different seasons, it would be lovely to change plates and decor etc. Thank you for linking to #featurefridays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beautiful! This looks fantastic! I love how you changed your home to "Fall"! I do similar things...I just never seem to get the Fall dishes changed back! Your post has been Pinned,Tweeted and shared on Facebook! I'll be featuring it this week on the Friday Favorites Link Party at Mustlovehome.com. Come by the party to see your feature and share what you have been working on this week! The doors open at 7PM every Thursday. Hugs - Christine at Must Love Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful decor!! I love the leaf candle holders, those are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And can you believe I got the leaf candle holders at a drug store?

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS