Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Holiday Decor

I love decorating for Christmas, but I try to keep it simple.  In addition to having a Christmas tree, I add little accents here and there to bring in the holiday spirit.  ***For a more detailed look, check out the coordinating YouTube video below.***

I added a few accents to the kitchen. This is a cookie jar and a couple of Gooseberry Patch cookbooks (marked with holiday recipes I plan to make during the month of December).


I also put out a snowman spoon rest on the stove and Christmas towels.


There's a little cooking-themed Christmas tree on the kitchen island and a few other miscellaneous decorations on another counter in the kitchen.



In the front room of the house, I decorated our dining table with Christmas placemats and a center piece. In the window, is a reindeer votive holder and I have some candles decorated with garlands.



In that same area of the house, I have an Advent calendar that I made. (I used to make these for my friends when they got married.) I also have a cactus skeleton that is always in the room, but we put Christmas lights on it. And on the stairs, I have these cute scraggly lighted trees.


The guest bathroom downstairs has a little lighted tree and a holiday scented soap from Bath and Body Works.

Heading into the living room and kitchen dining area... I put a Christmas tablecloth on the table with a little arrangement of a metal tree, ornament salt and pepper shakers, and candles. A few arrangements of candles and such on the coffee table, and then the tree. (Sorry I couldn't get a whole shot. With the rearranging of furniture, I couldn't back up far enough.)


Even my two dogs and my cat get a Christmas necklace (collar) to wear. Here's a glimpse of Chloe's holiday bling!


So, that's it! Nothing terribly spectacular, but a few little things here and there to celebrate this special season. Here's wishing you and your family the happiest of holidays!  God bless you.

--Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS