Sunday, August 10, 2014

Armoire Miscellaneous Organization

I have an armoire in the front room of my house that is right near the kitchen.  I use it to hold a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that I need downstairs.  The problem is that it gets messy really easily.  I group everything together (batteries, candles, extra hand soap, etc.), but even still, I find myself straightening up and reorganizing the space a few times a year.  Well, Michael's was having a sale on boxes that I thought would be the perfect size for corralling all the stuff.

Since it was a big sale, I wasn't able to get boxes that matched, but who cares?  They will all be behind closed doors.  In the top row, from left to right, I have candles/wallflowers, dog treats, extra dish and hand soap, and batteries.  There are a few flashlights on the end.

In the next row, I have mailers, my tax files, several boxes of craft stuff, and a lint brush.  Organizing this has given me so much extra space.  Take a look:


 I ended up putting some crock pots and my pressure canner in this area, which frees up a WHOLE cabinet in my kitchen.  That's the great thing about getting organized.  You get an area all fixed up and useable and end up with extra space.  Gotta love that!

Check out my coordinating video on YouTube and be sure to subscribe:


2 comments:

  1. I am organizing and deep cleaning right now, and I love it! You are right about it making extra space! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true and I'm loving having the luxury of thinking about what to do with these spaces. I still have an empty cabinet in the kitchen! Thanks for comments and check out my YouTube channel, if you're interested (youtube.com/busybeingjen). All the best with your organizing and deep cleaning!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS